Lamb Chop w/ Light Garlic-Herb Jus
1 ea. Rib Lamb Chop (14 oz.) Shaped & Tied
As needed Olive Oil (to lightly brush the chop)
To taste Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to season the chop)
1 ea. Head of Garlic—Cloves separated (do not peel)
5 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
3 ea. Fresh Bay leaves
¼ cup Chardonnay
1 cup Brown Veal Stock
To Taste Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 oz. Cold Butter
Method of Preparation:
- Shape & tie the Lamb Chop
- Add the olive oil, unpeeled garlic, fresh thyme, bay leaves to a heavy-duty stainless-steel sauté pan over medium high heat—Stir occasionally
- Season the Lamb Chop (Brush with olive oil then season with salt & pepper)—the add to the hot sauté pan with the garlic and herbs—Brown on all sides—Place in the 400°F oven and roast to an internal temperature of 130°F (or less if the Guess prefers the chop rarer).
- Remove the chop from the oven and allow it to rest in a warm place. Pour off the excess fat then deglaze the pan with the wine and veal stock—reduce the liquid by 60%–Strain through a fine screen china-cap—whisk in the cold butter.
- Slice the chop and arrange the slices on a warm serving platter—Drizzle the jus around the sliced chop—Serve with the garlic Cloves.
- Recipe by Chef Tony Seta, C.M.C.