Certified Master Chef with 45 years of experience in all phases of foodservice, beverage management and culinary instruction. I have had the pleasure of mentoring and developing skilled, dedicated, motivated employees towards common goals. Our goals were to meet or exceed budgetary goals of the enterprise. My Teams were also focused on quality and consistent execution in high volume environments.
My 20+ years of experience, at the Culinary Institute of America, included responsibility for student dining meal plans, catering, management of 5 student staffed Industry Recognized Award Winning retail restaurants.
Thomas E. Peer, CMC, Food Service Consultants, LLC
Principle Food and Beverage Consulting Co. (2017 – Present)
George Delallo Co.
Executive Director of Culinary Development (March 2019 –March 2020)
- Pilot the develop of products and strategies for Food Service and Chain Operations
Rolling Rock Club, Ligonier, Pa
Certified Master Chef, (March 2016- November 2018)
Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, New York
Associate Dean of Restaurant Education (January 2015 – February 2016)
- Responsible for Educational aspects of restaurants
- Developing and coordinating 10 different curriculums
- Oversees 20 faculty members
Exec. Director of Restaurant Education and Operations (February 2007-December 2014)
All responsibilities of the Director of Food and Beverage plus FOH/BOH and educational components.
Director of Food and Beverage Operations (February 1997- February 2007)
- Responsible for managing and operating the four public student-staffed restaurants, dining rooms and Courtside Café at the College.
- Analyze, develop and execute budgets for the four public restaurants and Courtside Café.
- Developed and executed strategic initiatives for the restaurants to break even.
- Managed the development of effective marketing and communications programs which supported the strategic initiatives and revenue objectives
The Chestnut Ridge Inn on the Green Resort, Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Vice President (October 1994- February 1997)
- Supervised and budgeted operations of resort facility which included two a la carte dining rooms with seating capacity of 400.
- Managed banquet facilities with seating capacity of 500.
- Supervised Ridgeview Diner and the Comfort Inn, which were off-premises.
The Duquesne Club, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Director of Food and Beverage Operations (August 1991- October 1994)
- Responsible for all food service operations for FOH and BOH
- Plan and managed all catering for special events and banquets
- Sales and execution for all special catering events and banquets
- Responsible for budget planning and performance
Executive Chef (September 1987- August 1991)
- One of the Top 10 Private Clubs in the country, with an exclusive membership of major corporations and some of the most influential people in the country.
- Served an average of 1000 meals a day with revenues of 6.5 million dollars a year.
- Promoted and responsible for all food and beverage operations at this exclusive City Club.
The Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY
Senior Chef- Instructor (August 1983-August 1987)
- Taught the following: Fish and Shellfish Cookery, American Regional Cuisine, Food a la carte Preparation I, Experimental Kitchen, Pantry and Advanced Culinary Theory.
- Conducted numerous classes and seminars off-campus for the Continuing Education Division.
Credentials and Selected Accomplishments:
- Chef of the Year, Laurel Highlands Chapter of American Culinary Federation- 1982
- American Academy of Chefs Member, inducted in 1989
- Certified Culinary Educator – 1989
- High Honors Graduate Food Service Mgmt Westmoreland County Community College – 1990
- Certified Master Chef – 1990
- American Culinary Federation National Certification Chair – 1992 to 1997
- American Culinary Federation Presidential Medallion Award – 1992, 1993 and 1996
- High Honor Graduate Bachelor of Professional Studies, Empire State University 2009
- Gold Medal and Best of Show – 1981, 1983 ACF Pittsburgh Culinary Salon
- CIA Culinary Team Member Winner Best of Show and Honor Medallion of French Republic 1986
- Restaurants and Institutions Ivy Award Winner, 1987 as Chef-Instructor at the CIA in the American Bounty Restaurant
- National — American Culinary Federation Education Institute Award for the development of Certification Program for the American Culinary Federation that was accepted nationwide.
- Ivy Award recognition for both Escoffier Room and Ristorante Caterina de’ Medici
- Founding Board Member of the Federation of Dining Room Professionals (FDRP)
- National Convention 2021 – National President Thomas J. Macrina awarded me with ACF Cutting Edge Award
- Recognition for work done to develop students I was the recipient of the first ever
Chaine des Rotisseurs– Academie Brillat-Savarin Medal
- Approved ACF Culinary Judge –